By purchasing or using a THE NATIONAL TRUST Gift Card or THE NATIONAL TRUST Digital Card you accept the terms and conditions below:
1. Sales of The National Trust Gift Cards and Digital Card made via the link from www.nationaltrust.co.uk ("Website Sales") are managed by Diggecard UK LTD ("Diggecard") at Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Crowthorne, Wokingham RG40 3GE registered in England with Company No. 11448044.
2. The National Trust Gift Cards purchased via Website Sales can be purchased in £ sterling and Euro’s with a minimum value of £2/€2 and a maximum of £500/€500.
3. Payment can be made via VISA or Mastercard debit or credit card.
4. Each transaction is subject to various fraud checks and Diggecard reserves the right to refuse an order if the payment is subject to additional verification or scrutiny or for any other reason, without providing explanation.
5. Gift Cards ordered through WebsiteSales will be sent to the delivery address stated on the individual order.Deliveries will be made using First Class post, Registered Signed For orSpecial Delivery via Royal Mail or by courier as specified on the Order. Orders sent by Registered, Special Delivery or courier will require a signature on arrival. Refunds may be available from the Royal Mail for non-delivery ofSpecial Delivery Orders.
6. Digital Cards ordered though WebsiteSales will be sent to the email address stated in the individual order. Despatch will usually be immediate but could be up to 48 hours after receipt of payment
7. The National Trust Gift Cards will normally be despatched within three working days unless a specified later delivery date is requested, however, during busy periods despatch can take up to 7 working days. Orders sent by Special Delivery or courier will be delivered before 1pm the next working day. Orders must be placed and paid for by 2pm to qualify for Special Delivery or courier.
8. Where possible Diggecard will try to meet all delivery requirements but neither Diggecard nor The National Trust shall be liable for any loss incurred either directly or indirectly by failure to meet the requested delivery date. 'Loss' in this instance includes any loss of profit, costs, damages, charges, other expenses, consequential losses and non financial losses.
9. Risk will pass to the customer upon delivery and title will pass upon receipt of payment in full. Neither Diggecard nor The National Trust has any liability for lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards or Digital Cards once risk has passed to the customer at time of delivery.
10. Refunds will not be given on the purchase of a Card, once your payment has been received your order can only be cancelled by phoning 01344 987678.
11. Diggecard is not directly linked to The National Trust or any TheNational Trust company and Diggecard cannot take responsibility for products and services offered by The National Trust or The National Trust companies. In addition, The National Trust shall not be responsible for services offered by Diggecard and its associated companies.
12. The collection and management of your credit card data and personal information which is collected, processed and managed is solely used to authorise payment and is not held by Diggecard or The National Trust.
13. Gift Card quantities should be checked immediately upon receipt. Any discrepancies must be notified immediately to Diggecard Customer Service by calling +44(0)1344 987678. Neither Diggecard nor The National Trust can be held responsible for any shortage or loss of any Gift Cards not notified to Diggecard within seven working days of delivery or the specified delivery date in respect of lost cards.
14. Payment is taken at the time of purchase of the Gift Card. Cleared payment is required prior to the despatch of orders. Your credit/debit card statement will read "National Trust GC".
15. Diggecard cannot be held responsible for failure to meet its service obligations when any failure is brought about due to a cause totally beyond its reasonable control, for example: acts of God, trade disputes; governmental intervention, fire, flood, and disruption to computer and IT infrastructure.
16. Breach of these terms and conditions by you will entitle Diggecard and/or The National Trust to seek the appropriate legal remedy available for injunction, damages or otherwise.
17. Whilst the contents of the card website are checked for accuracy, Diggecard cannot be held responsible for omissions or errors or any statements made on the site. Nor is Diggecard responsible for any losses incurred if information is used from the website or if accessing the site may result in viruses to your computer equipment.
18. The images on the website including trademarks can only be used with the permission of the owner.
19. As a UK registered company any disputes with Diggecard and/or TheNational Trust will be subject to resolution under English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Gift cards: terms and conditions
Our gift cards are on sale in our shops, the National Trust online shop and in larger Sainsbury’s andWH Smith stores.
The following terms and conditions apply to our gift cards:
1. Giftcards can be redeemed at most National Trust properties (in England, Wales andNorthern Ireland), in our shops, cafés and admission points or used towards membership fees. They can also be used for National Trust holiday cottage telephone bookings. Cards can now also be used when staying at the threeHistoric House Hotels.
2. Giftcards cannot be used for other telephone purchases or any online purchases.
3. Giftcards are not valid against the purchase of more gift cards, virtual gifts or original artworks. Our cards cannot be accepted at certain on-site outlets not operated by the National Trust.
4. If you do not spend the entire amount on the gift card the remaining balance will be updated after each purchase and shown on your printed receipt. The balance can be used against future purchases.
5. Giftcards can be used as part payment for a transaction with the balance being paid by another accepted method.
6. If any product purchased with a gift card is subsequently exchanged for a product of lower price or a refund, any money owing will be issued as a gift card.
7. Giftcards cannot be exchanged for cash.
8. The gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card. The NationalTrust cannot be held liable for lost or stolen cards – please protect them as you would cash.
9. Your gift card will either expire 24 months after the date of issue or 24 months from the last transaction (which ever comes later).A transaction is a sale or a top up. Any remaining balance is cancelled on expiry. We reserve the right to amend terms and conditions of our gift cards at any time and take appropriate action, including cancellation of a card, if necessary, in return for an appropriate refund.
10. Nothing in these terms affect your rights at law (for instance, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015). Please see the CitizensAdvice website at citizensadvice.org.uk for more details.
Please note: Gift cards can only be sold and redeemed at our places with Barclaycard payment machines - they can’t be used at properties without them. This is usually our very small properties which may not have a shop or restaurant. The main exceptions to this areGiant’s Causeway, St Michael’s Mount, Porth y Swnt - Aberdaron shop, TattonPark and Waddesdon Manor where gift cards cannot be redeemed or purchased.If you are planning a visit to spend your gift card you may like to contact the property to be certain gift cards can be accepted.